This is a very easy recipe. Chicken sandwiches are always a family favorite! Either, fried, grilled or on the griddle. The guacamole just adds a nice creamy texture.
Length of time from start to finish: 45 min
- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 12 slices sourdough bread
- 6 slices Swiss cheese
- 1 large red onion
- 1 large steak tomato
- 1 romaine heart of lettuce
- 1 steak tomato
- 1/2 small red onion
- 1 hass avocado
- 1 serrano pepper
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 tbsp chopped cilantro
- Salt to taste
Here is a link to my seasonings https://www.spanglishasadero.com/ use code Fire10
- Preheat your griddle to medium-high heat.
- Let’s make the guacamole. In a food processor add, tomato, red onion, serrano pepper, avocado, lemon juice and cilantro and blend until smooth, or until your desired texture.
- Place in a bowl and add salt to taste. Cut the other steak tomato as thin as you can into rounds, and separate the lettuce leaves, set aside.
- Now let’s season the chicken thighs, add your favorite chicken seasoning, I recommend Spanglish asadero bold citrus.
- Once seasoned place on the griddle and turn every 3 min until they reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees. Once the chicken is getting close to 165, toast the sourdough bread.
- I really enjoy adding mayo when toasting bread. You can use butter if you like. Before your remove the chicken and it hit 165 add Swiss cheese and let melt for about 1 min before removing it.
- Now it’s time to assemble, add mayo to the bread, lettuce, tomato, chicken and top with a nice serving of guacamole.
You can use any cheese you like on this recipe, you can also use chicken breast, I enjoy chicken thighs due to them not drying out. For the guacamole add some lime if it’s your preference. I used my cuisinart 360 griddle xl for this cook.
Did you enjoy this chicken sandwich recipe? You’ll love my other chicken recipes in the link below!