Carne Asada Fries: a dish that takes crispy fries to a whole new level of deliciousness. If you’ve never heard of carne asada fries, prepare to have your taste buds blown away. This mouth-watering creation is a popular Mexican-American fusion dish that originated in Southern California. It’s a hearty, filling meal that combines the best of two worlds: crispy fries and juicy, marinated steak. And the best part? You can customize it to your liking with toppings such as guacamole, sour cream, cilantro, and diced onions.
Carne asada fries are perfect for a fun dinner with friends, a casual get-together, or even a game-day snack. This recipe is easy to follow and can be made in under an hour. So, grab your apron, preheat the grill, and let’s get started!
- 2 pounds of flap steak
- 1.75 pounds of frozen Idaho fries
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 2 tbsp guajillo powder
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tbsp lemon pepper
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup avocado oil
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 1/4 sweet onion, diced
- 4 small avocados
- 2 jalapeño peppers
- 2 tbsp cilantro
- Juice of 2 limes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Sour cream
- Diced onions
1. In a bowl, mix the cumin, smoked paprika, guajillo powder, garlic powder, dried oregano, lemon pepper, salt, and avocado oil to make the marinade.
2. Place the flap steak in another bowl and pour the marinade over it. Set it aside to marinate while you prepare the guacamole.
3. To make the guacamole, smash the avocados with a spoon in a bowl, then add the diced tomatoes, sweet onions, jalapeño peppers, cilantro, lime juice, salt, and pepper to taste. Mix everything together until well combined.
4. Preheat the grill on high heat. Once the grill is hot, cook the steak for 4 minutes per side, or until it’s cooked to your desired level of doneness.
5. Remove the steak from the grill and let it rest for a few minutes. Then, slice it into bite-size pieces.
6. While the steak is resting, heat up oil in a fryer to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Fry the Idaho fries until they’re golden brown, then remove them from the fryer and season them with salt and pepper.
7. To assemble the dish, add the fries to a plate, followed by the sliced steak. Add a heaping spoonful of guacamole in the middle, then sprinkle cilantro and diced onions all over. Finally, add a dollop of sour cream on top.
8. Serve hot and enjoy!
Thanks for checking out this recipe!
Congratulations! You’ve just made a delicious batch of carne asada fries. This recipe is easy to customize, so feel free to add or remove any ingredients you prefer. For example, you can add shredded cheese, jalapeño slices, or even black beans to the dish.
If you don’t have access to a grill, don’t worry. You can still make this recipe by cooking the steak on a stovetop or in the oven. And if you’re looking for a healthier alternative, try using sweet potato fries or baked fries instead of deep-fried Idaho fries.
Carne asada fries are a crowd-pleaser, so don’t hesitate to share this recipe with your friends and family. And if you have any leftovers, they can be stored in an airtight container
ORDER MY KNIFE HERE! ——–
DID YOU ENJOY THIS CARNE ASADA STEAK FRIES RECIPE? YOU’LL LOVE MY OTHER BEEF RECIPES IN THE LINK BELOW!