Rotisserie Picanha Tacos
Thank you for checking out these picanha tacos!
In this recipe, we will take you through the process of cooking picanha on a rotisserie and preparing a delicious salsa verde to accompany it. The picanha is seasoned with just salt, but the natural flavors of the meat are allowed to shine through as it cooks on the rotisserie. The salsa verde is made with fresh jalapeño, tomatillos, cilantro, garlic and onion, which gives it a bright and zesty flavor that complements the rich meat perfectly. These picanha tacos will be on your normal rotation of food!
The key to this recipe!
The key to this recipe is to cook the picanha at the right temperature and for the correct amount of time. The internal temperature should reach 125 degrees F, which ensures that the meat is cooked through but still juicy and tender. The meat should also be allowed to rest for a few minutes before slicing to ensure that the juices are distributed evenly throughout the meat.
Once the picanha is cooked and rested, it is sliced into bite-size pieces, and served with warm corn tortillas and a generous helping of salsa verde. This recipe is perfect for a family dinner, a weekend barbecue or a special occasion. It is sure to be a hit with everyone who tries it.
Rotisserie Picanha Tacos
- 1 3lb picanha
- Salt, to season
- 1 jalapeño pepper
- 1/4 sweet onion
- 3 medium tomatillos
- 1 tbsp cilantro
- 3 garlic cloves
- Preheat your rotisserie grill to 300 degrees F.
- Season the picanha with salt on all sides.
- Place the picanha on the rotisserie spit and cook for 2 hours or until the internal temperature reaches 125 degrees F.
- While the picanha is cooking, prepare the salsa verde. Begin by roasting the jalapeño pepper, tomatillos, and garlic cloves on a grill or flat top until they are charred and soft.
- Remove the skin and stem from the jalapeño pepper and roughly chop it.
- Peel the garlic cloves and roughly chop them.
- Remove the husks from the tomatillos and roughly chop them.
- In a blender or food processor, combine the jalapeño pepper, tomatillos, garlic cloves, cilantro, and sweet onion. Pulse until the salsa is well combined and has a chunky consistency.
- Once the picanha is cooked, remove it from the rotisserie and let it rest for 10 minutes.
- While the picanha is resting, heat corn tortillas in a pan or on a griddle.
- Slice the picanha into bite-size pieces.
- Assemble the tacos by placing a few slices of picanha on each tortilla and topping with salsa verde. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Rotisserie Picanha Tacos are a delicious and unique take on traditional taco recipes. The picanha is seasoned with just salt, cooked on a rotisserie and infused with smoky flavor, while the salsa verde adds a tangy and fresh contrast to the rich meat. The key to this recipe is to cook the picanha at the right temperature and for the correct amount of time, and to let it rest before slicing. The result is a tender and juicy meat that is infused with smoky flavor, which is paired with a bright and zesty salsa verde, making for an irresistible combination. This recipe is perfect for a weekend cookout or a special occasion, it’s sure to impress your guests and family.
Leave a Reply