Country Fried Steak
Who doesn’t like a delicious country fried steak? If you do, then this recipe is for you. Made into a sandwich it’s that much better.
Country Fried Steak Sandwich
- 3 4 oz cubed steak
- 3 sets hamburger brioche bun
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp all purpose seasoning
- 1 russet potato sliced julienne style
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp pan drippings
- 2 tbsp all purpose flour
- ¾ Cup of milk
- ½ cup water
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Make two stations. A station of wet ingredients and dried ingredients. In a bow,l add 1/2 cup of milk and 1 egg. Whisk until fully combined. Now in a tray, add 2 cups all purpose flour and 2 tsp all purpose seasoning. Combine throughly. For your steak season it with salt and black pepper. Cut the steaks in half if need be to fit the buns
- Once the steak is seasoned, coat it with flour, then the egg and milk mixture and finally more flour. Make sure to pack it in. Set aside in a clean plate to rest while you preheat the oil.
- In a skillet, add cooking oil to where it covers the bottom of the skillet and goes about 1/4 inch up. Heat it to 350 degrees and fry your steak about 2 min per side or until golden brown
- Once they are all fried, fry the julienne potatoes until golden brown. Make sure they are completely dried before frying them
- Once fried, place them in a bowl and season with your favorite seasoning.
- Drain most of the pan drippings leaving about 2 tbsp in the pan. Over low medium heat, add 2 tbsp butter. Once the butter is dissolved, add 2 tbsp all purpose flour and make sure you keep on whisking. Once the four becomes fragrant, and a nice golden brown, add the milk and water, add then in slowly and continuously whisk until fully combined.
- Once you see the gravy thickening up, add garlic powder, salt and pepper. Cut heat off once the gravy has a nice consistency.
- Now set the gravy aside. In a separate skillet, toast the buns with butter. Once they are toasted, let’s assemble! Add mayo to the buns, followed by the fried steak, gravy and finally the thin sliced fries.
I topped my sandwich with a sunny side up egg and added chipotle sauce for a nice kick. This is optional. I used my julienne slicer to cut the russet potato.
Did you enjoy this country fried steak recipe? You’ll love my other beef recipes in the link below!
Here is a link to my seasonings!
https://www.spanglishasadero.com/ use code Fire10
Leave a Reply