Birria Chimichanga Burritos
This is an absolutely great take on birria, who doesn’t love a deep fried burrito. All the flavors from the Consomme are just next level.
Difficulty : Easy This recipe makes 10 chimichangas
- 4 lbs boneless beef ribs (bone in are fine)
- Al pastor seasoning (salt and pepper seasoning is fine as well)
- Preheat your smoker to 275 degrees
- Season the short ribs with Al pastor seasoning (salt and pepper are fine as well) and then place them in the smoker for 3 hours
- While they are smoking, make the sauce. Add all sauce ingredients in a pot with about 7 cups of water, boil them on medium heat for 25 min
- After 25 min, remove the bay leaves and blend everything else until smooth
- In a Dutch oven or the same pot, add the meat, cover with sauce and add more water as needed to fully submerge the meat. Boil for 2 hours on med high heat
- After 2 hours, remove the meat from the Consome and either chop or shred,
- !ow let’s make that chimichanga! On your large burrito tortilla, add meat, Oaxaca cheese, cilantro and onion, fold really well and use a toothpick to hold the tortilla together
- In a skillet add about 1 inch of oil and preheat to 300 degrees, now fry the burrito about 30 seconds per side on all sides. Or until golden brown
- Let cool before serving.
In a a small bowl add the Consomme and top it off with cilantro and onion and a fresh squeeze of lime. You can strain the sauce if you want to.
Did you enjoy these birria chimichangas? You’ll love my other beef recipes in the link below!
Here is a link to my seasonings!
https://www.spanglishasadero.com/ use code Fire10
Leave a Reply