Smoked Italian Roast Beef Sandwiches
Craving a flavorful sandwich with an Italian twist? Look no further than smoked Italian roast beef! This delicious creation starts with slow-smoking a roast until it’s tender and infused with a smoky flavor. Once the meat has reached perfection, it’s time to shred it and load the shredded beef onto some warm toasty Italian rolls.
Why these are great!
One of the great things about this recipe is that it’s easy to customize to your liking. For example, if you want a little bit more heat, you can add more pepperoncini peppers or use a spicier variety. Or, if you want to switch things up a bit, you can try using a different type of cheese on your sandwiches.
Why This recipe is versatile!
Provolone is a classic choice, but you could also try mozzarella, gouda, or even a blend of different cheeses. Whatever you choose, just make sure to melt the cheese so that it gets nice and gooey.
Another great thing about this recipe is that it’s perfect for meal prep. Simply shred the roast beef and store it in the fridge or freezer in an airtight container. When you’re ready to eat, just reheat the meat in the microwave or on the stove, then assemble your sandwiches as desired. This is a great option for busy weekdays when you don’t have a lot of time to cook.
One thing to note about this Italian Roast Beef Recipe!
One final thing to keep in mind is that this recipe makes a lot of roast beef. If you’re only feeding a small family, you may want to consider cutting the recipe in half or freezing the leftovers for future use. Or, if you have a large crowd to feed, you can easily double or triple the recipe to make sure you have enough to go around. The possibilities are endless, so get creative and have fun with it!
Smoked Italian Roast Beef Sandwiches
- 3-4 pound chuck roast use olive oil as a binder
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 packet of dry Italian seasoning
- 1 jar of pepperoncini peppers with juice (stems removed)
- Slices of provolone cheese
- 4-6 Italian rolls or ciabatta buns
- Preheat your smoker to 275°F (135°C).
- Season the roast with your Italian seasoning. You can do this by mixing the seasoning with a little bit of olive oil or melted butter, and then rubbing it all over the roast.
- Place the roast in the smoker and smoke for about 2 hours. This will give the roast a nice smoky flavor and help to seal in the juices.
- After 2 hours of smoking, remove the roast from the smoker and place it in a large Dutch oven. Pour the beef broth over the roast, as well as a 1/4 cup of pepperoncini juice. The broth will help to keep the roast moist as it cooks, and the pepperoncini juice will add a little bit of tanginess.
- over the Dutch oven with a lid and place it back in the smoker. Let it cook for about 2 hours, or until the roast is tender and easily shreds with a fork. You can check the internal temperature of the roast with a meat thermometer to make sure it's done.
- Once the roast is done, remove it from the smoker and shred the meat with two forks. Stir the shredded meat into the juices in the Dutch oven. This will help to keep the roast moist and flavorful.
- To assemble the sandwiches, Place some shredded roast beef and a slice or sprinkle of provolone cheese on the bun.
- Optional: You can put it back in the smoker or a broiler to melt the cheese.
Thank you for checking out this recipe!
These Italian roast beef sandwiches are a delicious and easy way to switch up your sandwich game. The combination of tender, flavorful roast beef with a variety of fresh and zesty toppings makes for a tasty and satisfying meal. Whether you’re looking for a quick and easy lunch or a hearty dinner, these sandwiches are sure to hit the spot.
And with a little bit of prep work, you can have a batch of roast beef ready to go in the fridge, making it easy to assemble these sandwiches anytime. So next time you’re in the mood for something a little bit different, give these Italian roast beef sandwiches a try. You won’t be disappointed!
Leave a Reply