Rotisserie Turkey Birria Tacos
If you love birria, and turkey, then this recipe is for you. This birria sauce combined with the delicious shredded Smokey turkey meat is next level!
Rotisserie Turkey Birria tacos
- 1 10lb turkey
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 large white onion
- 8 garlic cloves
- 3 Roma tomatoes
- 5 bay leaves, dried
- 8 guajillo chiles stems cut off and seeds removed
- 3 tbsp chicken boullion
- 1-2 tsp Chili powder
- 1 tsp mexican oregano
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp salt (adjust to taste)
- Start off by preheating the grill to 300 degrees.
- Now, let’s season up the turkey. Add some cooking oil to the turkey about 1 tsp, and slather it all around, this will help the seasoning stick to the meat.
- Next, place it on the rotisserie, now add the seasoning to the turkey. Use a butchers twine to tie up the legs together.
- Place the turkey on the grill, you wanna remove the turkey once it hits an internal temperature of 165 degrees on the breast.
- Once the turkey is done, place it in a foil pan and let it rest for 20 min. In the meantime make the birria salsa.
- You will want to boil all the ingredients (except the dried ingredients). Boil until nice and tender. Then, add the ingredients to the blender along with the water it was boiling in, and the dried ingredients (except the bay leaves). Remove those and discard them. Blend all ingredients until smooth, use a strainer if needed.
- Add the sauce to the same pan and reduce by 1/4. Make sure it’s nice and smooth and not too runny. Then, set aside.
- Next, shred the turkey in the foil pan.
- Finally, add the sauce and combine everything. Reserve about 1 cup of the sauce for dipping, I made some delicious tacos with cheese. You can use this recipe for burritos or even a great grilled cheese sandwich as well.
I highly recommend a meat thermometer.
Leave a Reply