Red Chimichurri and Cheese Stuffed Flank Steak Pinwheels
Are you looking for a delicious and unique recipe to impress your friends and family? Look no further than this Red Chimichurri and cheese-stuffed flank steak pinwheels. The combination of tangy chimichurri and gooey melted cheese inside tender flank steak is a flavor explosion that will have everyone coming back for seconds. This recipe is easy to make and only requires a few simple ingredients. Let’s get started! This is one unique and delicious recipe, the chimichurri, cheese and steak overall is a great combo. This is perfect for a weekend meal!
Red Chimichurri and cheese stuffed flank steak pinwheels
- 1.5 lb flank steak ( 1 piece )
- 9 slices of Gruyère cheese
- Slat Pepper and Garlic powder
- 1 roasted red bell pepper (seeds and veins removed)
- 1 bunch flat leaf parsley
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tsp red chili flakes
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 jalapeño
- 3 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Start off by preheating your grill to 300 degrees, (create 2 zones of cooking, one cool one hot).
- Let’s make the chimichurri sauce! Roast the bell pepper first, place it over direct heat until nicely roasted, then add to a ziplock bag to steam for a few minutes.
- Grab a food processor and add the rest on the ingredients for the chimichurri. Once the pepper has steamed for 5 min, remove it from the bag, remove the seeds and outer skin and add it to the blender as well.
- Blend all ingredients until smooth, add salt and pepper to taste, now set it aside.
- Next, grab the flank steak and with a sharp knife, lay the steak flat on the cutting board, and slice it nice and slow, you want to butterfly it, open it up if you will.
- After you butterfly it, grab a meat mallet or rolling pin and firmly flatten out the steak even more.
- Grab the chimichurri and slather the inside of the steak. Lay down about 9 slices of Gruyère cheese and grab one side of the steak and roll it nice and tight all the way making a log. Make sure not to lose any filling.
- Grab butchers twine and tie it as tight as you can, you wanna do this every half inch right along the steak.
- Once it’s all tied up, season it with your favorite steak seasoning, and cut it, this will separate the steak into pinwheels.
- Sear the pinwheels first for about 3 min per side. Once they are nicely seared, place them opposite of the heat, and let them cook until the internal temperature hits 135 degrees if you want it more cooked, then let it go to 145-155. It’s just how you want your steak cooked.
- Once it hits the internal temperature, let it cool for 3 minutes before serving.
Give this delicious Red Chimichurri and cheese stuffed flank steak pinwheels a try and let us know what you think in the comments below. Don’t forget to share this recipe with your friends and family so they can enjoy it too!
Leave a Reply