Lemon Butter Basted Chicken Halves
Welcome to the recipe!
If you’re a fan of smoky and spicy flavors, you’ll love this recipe for smoked chicken halves with a chipotle dipping sauce. Using a smoker gives the chicken a unique and delicious flavor that’s hard to achieve with other cooking methods. The chipotle dipping sauce adds a tangy and spicy element to the dish that perfectly complements the smoky taste of the chicken.
It’s super simple!
This recipe is easy to follow, and it’s perfect for serving at a dinner party or a family gathering. The chicken is seasoned with your favorite poultry seasoning, which gives it a bold and savory flavor. As it smokes, the meat becomes tender and juicy, while the skin develops a crispy texture. And the lemon butter basting during the last minutes of cooking adds a rich and tangy flavor.
This recipe begins by seasoning the chicken with your favorite poultry seasoning and letting it sit in room temperature for at least 30 minutes to allow the flavors to penetrate the meat. The chicken is then placed in the smoker, where it cooks for about 1 1/2 to 2 hours. While the chicken halves are smoking, you’ll have time to prepare the chipotle dipping sauce and the lemon butter. Both of these are simple to make and they can be prepared in advance and kept refrigerated until ready to use. This recipe is a great way to impress your guests with a delicious and flavorful meal.
Lemon Butter Basted Chicken Halves
- One whole chicken cut in half
- Your favorite poultry seasoning
- 2 tablespoons of mayo
- 1 tablespoon of chipotle sauce
- Juice of 1/2 of a lemon
- Salt, and pepper to taste
- 1 stick of butter
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2 teaspoons of dried parsley
- 3 teaspoons of garlic paste
- Use kitchen shears to remove spine of chicken and cut chicken breast in half to make 2 equal pieces.
- Season the chicken with your favorite poultry seasoning and let it sit in room temperature for at least 30 min.
- Preheat your smoker to 350°F (175°C).
- Place the chicken on the smoker and smoke for about 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
- While the chicken is smoking, prepare the chipotle dipping sauce. In a small mixing bowl, combine 2 tablespoons of mayo, 1 tablespoon of chipotle sauce, the juice of 1/2 lemon, and salt and pepper to taste. Stir until well combined. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Also prepare the lemon butter by melting 1 stick of butter in a small saucepan, and then stirring in juice of 1/2 lemon, 2 tsp of dried parsley, and 3 tsp of garlic paste. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Once the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 155°F (68°C), baste it with the lemon butter and continue to smoke until it reaches an internal temperature of 165°F (74°C).
- Remove the chicken from the smoker and let it rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Slice the chicken and serve with the chipotle dipping sauce on the side. Enjoy!
This recipe for lemon butter-basted chicken halves is a perfect option for any home cook looking for a delicious and easy-to-make meal. The combination of lemon and butter provides a tangy and rich flavor that complements the chicken perfectly.
The basting technique used in this recipe ensures that the chicken stays moist and juicy throughout the cooking process. Plus, it’s versatile enough to pair with almost any side dish of your choice. It’s a classic dish that’s sure to please everyone at the table and can be a part of your weekly rotation. Give it a try and see how it quickly becomes one of your go-to recipes
Leave a Reply